FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old May 19, 2016, 7:13 am
treppenlaeufer

Programs: HH Diamond
Gernerally I echo previous reviewer's positive take on this property. So I won't reiterate, just adding datapoints from my 3 stays here so far.

All were one night weekend stays at very attractive rates, always booked Standard double.

Stay 1 - January 2016: Upgrade to One King Bedroom Suite. Welcome: Three apples. Free minibar (alcohol excluded).
Stay 2 - February 2016: Upgrade to large Executive Room. Welcome: Three mandarins. Free minibar inclusive of alcohol(!).
Stay 3 - April 2016: Upgrade to Deluxe. Without enquiring upgrades to higher categories were offered for upsell. Penthouse for £155 (or so) - that is the only room/suite where you can open the windows, due to outside terrace - have seen the terrace and it looks not very exclusive to me. The allocated room had some very obvious cleaning issues. New room given upon return to reception, with a "great view" (according to CKI-agent) - it was smaller than the previous Deluxe room and the view was of I am not sure exactly what. Free minibar (alcohol excluded), but the Red Bulls, Tonic Water, Cranberry Juice, Fanta, Sprite all had disappeared, compared to Stay 1 and 2.

Overall trend for me: Started of great, declining into very good with first service issues and I did not like the pushy upsell attempt at CKI. Also, there appeared to be no longer an on-duty pool guard, so towels weren't replaced and (bottled) water ran out one evening, next morning still not replenished. Also, water in pool was noticeably more milky on third stay, crystal clear for previous stays.

Hoping that this is not a trend in lowering standards, and certainly not one to continue please.