FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Porsche Transfer at DTW?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2016, 6:04 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by DrCordell
Flying to NOLA this weekend, EWR-DTW-MSY, with a 52-minute layover in DTW. As a DM/360 anyone have an idea of my chances for one of those Porsche transfers?

And is there any notification you receive prior, or do you just walk off the plane and see someone waiting for you as a surprise?
If you get off the plane and there's someone in a suit and tie holding a sign with your name, you've got a ride.

Since you're over the MCT, I'd place your odds at 0 unless you have a late arrival and your gate assignments will realistically cause a misconnect. Also, in that case, if there's a later connection with seat availability you'd drop in priority.

The rides go to those who need them, not those who want them, although, if no one needs a ride and giving one to someone who's on the cusp won't interfere with subsequent needs, they have flexibility.

I had a ride at JFK earlier this year where I could not make a T4 - T2 connection to the last flight of the night without it. That's the kind of situation they're designed to handle, not someone's bucket list. I'm an extremely low value DM and I was on a V fare on that trip.