FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA announces Premium Economy / PE / PEY coming for domestic (May 2016)
Old May 17, 2016, 2:08 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Mileometer
Apologies if I've just missed this somewhere but something that Scott Kirby said, today, during a Q&A session at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2016 Transportation Conference got my attention.

When asked about the timeline for implementing Basic Economy and Premium Economy fares this is what he said:

"Basic Economy will come some time at the end of this year. We don’t have an exact date yet." - that's not news

"Premium Economy, domestically, will come some time in 2017 but we still don’t have exact dates." - that's definitely news to me.

In a separate part of his talk/Q&A he confirmed that International PE is still coming towards the end of 2016.

If anyone else is interested about what else he said the webcast can be found on this American Airlines page and I've added a few points that I found interesting to the blog here.
I heard of this a few months ago -- during the whole PEY discussion and code alignment work. But then the discussion died down. Looks like it may be a go.