FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador $200 Renew option = Cheapest Points you can buy!!!
Old May 17, 2016, 6:40 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by miles4all
If we all agree that the value of the 5k extra points you get is $30 and IHG asks you to pay $50 extra (200 instead of 150), that means you loose $20 dollars on the purchase.

The upside is the 10% rebate. Since I am not a US resident, I have no access to the credit card.
I agree that potentially getting back 100k points for $20 sound almost like a deal too good to be true!

This offer is for those who decide to become Ambassador and then: YES it makes sense! If you are not Ambassador and will not become one, it is kinda useless to respond......
The T&Cs suggest that in principle, you could get 200,000 points back assuming that your renewal doesn't coincide with the calendar year. You're entitled to the 10% off for twelve months, but the limit is stated as 100,000 points pere calendar year. This is according to the ** footnote in the OP.