FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old May 13, 2016, 6:35 pm
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The TV coverage that I saw was initiated by this suite having been renovated.

I've stayed in the suite just below this category, which has a separate den/office with a nice big desk as well as an area with a big table (although I'm not sure I'd call it a dining room). Interesting artwork too. This was one night, using an expiring SNA on a cheap rate.

BTW, when they first opened (around the time of the RNC), rack rate for regular rooms was posted as about $3000 per night. I think I saw Carly Fiorina in the lobby of the Ivy the day before the 2008 RNC started. [Sarah Pailin apparently stayed over in St Paul, which was less convenient for the infamous clothes shopping in her suite--I knew the people who supplied her makeover wardrobe.]
I've done the grand suite as well, upgraded when I had booked the basic suite. Greatly enjoyed it, though I'm surprised to see the bathroom in the penthouse is almost smaller then the Grand Suite's (well the bedroom ones anyway), it looks much narrower.

Ahh the infamous Palin wardrobe, I worked at Neimans in downtown during that