FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts about my free iphone app - WhatsApp
Old May 13, 2016, 3:21 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Desktop app does have notifications of sorts.

Isn't one of the benefits of the desktop app over the browser use is that you can read your whatsapp messages offline on your computer as long as you've left the application open after doing the phone app QR scan thing?

I find that sometimes internet browsers stall/crash in ways that don't happen with downloaded messaging applications. That may be an upside of using the desktop application, but I'm not sure about this part of it yet.
I accept that the desktop app is likely to be a little more stable than the web app - no disagreement there. That said, I've barely had any issues with the web app (in Chrome)...

Re notifications on the desktop app - I haven't seen any (Windows PC)!? Went through all the menus to see if there was a setting, but nadda. I get a sound, but that's it. The icon doesn't change colour, or flash, nor do I get a pop-up... With the web app, you get the sound and the little toast pop-up in the corner, so I can glance at the message and decide whether I need to check it or not. Critical for me!