FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice
Old May 12, 2016, 7:54 pm
chrisny2

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by caseminole
1. Additional signage would be helpful. The woman i spoke with from Orlando Airport was responsive, apologetic, and promised she would elevate the issue (I would actually believe her, she was adamant about the issue and i wasnt the first to complain!)

2. Just traveled again, with the same outcome. Along the way, I asked various folks if there was a way to circumvent this (I actually started thinking perhaps there was a tunnel that connected the two spokes, but then i guess technically this wouldnt accomplish anything.)

3. Each TSA rep said I would have to go thru screening again.

4. the folks at The Club MCO were misinformed; they said i simply needed to take the train to the "right" hand side, and someone made me think this would drop me at a different point.

I still dont understand the issue.

International arriving passengers had to be screened SOMEWHERE before boarding their flights to Orlando.

Since everyone has had some level of security checks, why are we all being forced out into the open area of the airport.

These folks have now cleared customs, and immigration.

What other kind of threat would anyone pose to boarding a domestic flight

In addition, a better question might be:

What would potentially stop an "internationally arriving passenger" from boarding a domestic flight (e.g., doesnt SWA fly out of that side of Terminal A), for example, in the terminal that contains The Club at MCO????

maybe i am missing something as I dont know what happens to passengers in that area after going thru customs and immigration, but we do seem to all be dumped out to same trains and/or main non-sterile area of the airport

wouldnt the reasoning for NOT allowing me to cross over to the other spoke of side A apply to anyone that would want to take a domestic flight from The Club at MCO side ???
I don't know the arrival logistics, so I can't speak to your latter question (I suspect they funnel all international arriving passengers onto the train and not into the terminal) but one reason for rescreening is that passengers carry their checked luggage through Customs. So they could remove any weapons from their checked luggage and put them into their carry-ons.