FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old May 12, 2016, 7:15 pm
albutt27

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Hyatt Ziva

As a Hyatt Diamond member, I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels often. I was looking forward to a getaway with my family. After reading the numerous positive reviews, we decided on the Hyatt Ziva for a 5 night stay along with another family. I used two DSU’s for our stay. I was a little hesitant as I dislike being confined to an all inclusive hotel. However, that all changed when we arrived at the hotel.

We were promptly greeted and served complimentary drinks. We were ushered to the VIP check in area. We were given an Ocean Front Hot Tub Suite. This was amazing as we spent our first night in the hot tub looking out at the water. After 3 nights, we were upgraded to one of the 2 story suites and all I can say is WOW. This was probably the best hotel suite I’ve ever been upgraded too. We had our own private pool and living rooms. Our toddler had more than enough space to run around. Gorgeous!

About the food, the quality of the food is good but you have to set proper expectations. The service can be hit or miss depending on which restaurant you go to. We went to Blaze a few times and had excellent service, however the service at the Asian restaurant was slow. Ordering room service takes about 45 minutes until you receive a knock on your door. For some of the restaurants, you are not able to take food to go.

The thing that sets the Hyatt Ziva apart is the service. Our group received some amazing drinks from the VIP from Julio and Juan. When we were on the search for local churros, Carlos provided awesome recommendations that took us to where the locals would go. He knew exactly what we were looking for, hole in the wall places or food stands were you could only find authentic and delicious food. Last, but not least, Alicia Alvarez from the Romance Concierge desk. She has the warmest personality and greeted us every day with her beautiful smile. She sets the standard for what other Hyatt resorts should aspire to. Our experience was that everything about the hotel and staff is above and beyond. I kept thinking to myself, when can we come back?! Can’t wait to come back!