FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self-Upgrader Ate My Wife's Meal
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2016, 2:29 pm
Cerebrito

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Angry Self-Upgrader Ate My Wife's Meal

Last week, my wife was flying to Madrid with my infant son on a Club Europe ticket from London City airport on a ticket that I had arranged for her.

She cannot speak much English, but she can certainly understand a fair bit.
She was seated towards the rear of the Club Europe cabin.

When the cabin crew member serving breakfast reached her, it appeared that he had run out of meals. He then went back to the front of the cabin, and asked to check the boarding pass of the woman in row 1. She showed a boarding pass for row 13, then pleaded ignorance saying she thought she was in seat 1B, not 13B. She was not sent to her correct seat, and remained in row 1 for the rest of the flight.

The cabin crew then went and found an economy breakfast for my wife, which they gave to her without attempting any explanation or apology. Given that she struggles with English still, she did not say anything or make a fuss.

Given that pretty much the only difference between business and economy class on BA (and especially a LCY flight) is the meal, I find this to be outrageous.

I filed a complaint online several days ago about this incident, but I have not heard anything at all back from them. Can I expect to hear back form them? Or do BA just not care?

Last edited by Cerebrito; May 12, 2016 at 2:53 pm Reason: Fix typo