FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread
Old May 12, 2016, 1:48 pm
Cheynewalk

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mlm
AA changed our routing to Barcelona (schedule change). We're now routed from LAX to PHL on an A321 in F class. There's only 4 rows in F class which makes me a bit nervous (as in old plane).

The AA reps don't seem to know anything about the A321 aircraft. There are 3 different versions of A321. Wondering if anyone has flown LAX to PHL on A321? I'm primarily interested in the recline of the seat and the entertainment. The only seats left are the last row, 4 A&C or row 1 bulkhead A&C..
Thank you.
When I have flown LAX-PHL on the old 2-class 321, I found it very "meh" for an F product. Old leathery seat, very little recline (radically inferior to lie-flat J on the transcon 321), and on my flights there was no IFE (except for the streaming option some discussed - no back of seat).

I prefer at least two AA transcon planes above the old 2-class 321 in terms of recline and IFE options - business in the 3-class 321 that AA flies from LAX-JFK, and First in the 738 that AA flies from LAX to BOS. However, I recall thinking that some of the PHL to Europe flights were on better equipment, relatively, than I could get transferring in other airports.

That said, perhaps if you can provide more details about the type of original ticket you had (rest of itinerary, fare class and whether award or paid) folks can provide other options.