FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Properties playing fast and loose with award availability (ITC Jaipur)
Old May 12, 2016, 3:54 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stargold
Not to be giving any excuse on behalf of the offending properties, but hotels in the Hyatt chain do this too. It is not a problem unique to SPG.

If I must choose between the current reality of (i) IHG's policy of allowing properties to restrict the number of rooms on award even when the standard rooms are available, and (ii) Hyatt and SPG where any standard room is up for grabs for award but a small number of properties don't play ball, the latter seems to be the lesser of two evils.
I have not been hit by this at Hyatt hotels in India. I have been repeatedly hit by this at SPG hotels in North India. Speaking of times of the year when leisure stays in SPG hotels in India would make sense for me. [May is not my idea of fun in Rajasthan. November would be more likely fitting to my award night interests.] In other words, for me this is way more of an issue with SPG hotels in India than with Hyatt hotels in India.