FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old May 11, 2016, 7:16 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by AtlanticX
Curious case: Me and my wife travelling on the same flight, but different reservations.

Anyone understand what's going on here?

I've noticed before that my itineraries that start in Europe tend to not have my upgrades processed in advance, even if I sometimes clear at the gate.
Hard to know. We don't get to see many test situations like this to verify. If I said it was due to fare class, many people will quickly jump in to say that is not the case on AA.

I would say that you could only really have a complaint if you don't get upgraded at all (even if you get battlefield). I would then contact AA after the related flight, provide both PNRs, confirm the date you check the box to request the upgrade (booking date or whatever) and see if they will reply. There is no need apparently to mention the wife's GLD to PLT change. Both are PLT as of the sweep start (72 hrs).

I still think some things do go wrong in the upgrade process, but it is so hard to know what causes the sweeps to not work properly as there is no transparency until four hours prior to a flight scheduled departure.

Rasheed