FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did you know this Gold Benefit existed?
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2016, 3:37 pm
Rami Tamimi

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Last december I forgot my Samsung Galaxy in RJ@AMM lounge,flying to DME.
I realized it when all passengers were onboard (and we were at a remote stand),I asked the SCCM if it was possible to at least make a report to the ground staff and I would deal with the rest on my return. A ground staff came to see me and asked for the details and my home adress in Russia and he told me that it happens all the time and they would send it to that adress via the local station manager. I asked him wheter it is possible to hand it to my friend who would come to the airport and that was not a problem.

By the time I arrived at DME (3:45 flight time) my phone was safe with my friend.

I also recently forgot my duty free bag at VIE airside/international lounge and the lounge host caught me just before gate security and handed the bag to me....oh I must say,that VIE lounge might not be the best,but it is perfectly pleasant and the staff are great and they were happy to call the check in counter to ask for seat block and to check if baggage was transferred from the previous flight.

In both cases no one was intrested in my status and I just don't understand why some think that one's status should /does determine everything? Actually I could never even imagine that someone might be actually be charged to be reunited with their property.
We as passengers pay airport handling fees and our fares cover the work of airline ground staff and lost property office provision is a part of the service package we [should] receive in return.