FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Diamond perks using citi points to book?
Old May 11, 2016, 4:16 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by shanna135
Recently I used Citi Thank You points to book a hotel in NYC. I was told by the Hilton Hotel that I won't get breakfast ,upgrade, etc because I used a 3rd party to book the stay. Any data points or information to help get the Diamond perks. Thanks
At the hotel, the front desk staff might give the at-hotel perks anyway. Just ask at check-in or even again after check-in.

US properties seem to be more stingy with giving Diamond benefits to Diamonds on some kind of bookings than Hilton properties in various other countries. For example, I've found European Hilton hotels more likely to repeatedly give me all the Diamond benefits at check-in even on Priceline/Hotwire "opaque" bookings than US Hilton hotels on the same kind of bookings.

Some European Hilton hotels have given me the Diamond and/or Gold benefits on each and every one of my Priceline NYOP and Hotwire bookings. Actually, of all the Hilton properties which I've used in Europe, all have given me the at-hotel Gold/Diamond benefits in the past two years at least on Priceline NYOP and Hotwire bookings. I just check in by presenting my Gold/Diamond card first.