FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 9, 2016, 12:57 pm
YYCowboy

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
CP Berlin Potsdamer Platz

What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

I would give it a B+

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked standard refundable, front desk claimed to have upgraded but I suspect it was merely higher floor, received 3rd floor facing construction site.

How are the rooms?

Very chic contemporary decor, love the gigantic bathroom. No A/C, the morning sun was cooking my room, the circulation fan barely did the trick, however it was April and I left early and came back late everyday so it was ok.

How is the exec. lounge?

Wasn't given access, didn't ask as there wasn't a need.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Room was clean, loved the shower, location was 2 thumbs up, 1 min walk to the S-bahn and just far enough away from the noise but close enough to everything else. Not overly friendly but efficient staff.

- Really have to give them kudos for this one, I was originally supposed to stay in March and had booked a prepaid non-refundable rate, but got trapped in the DEN snowstorm and didn't end up making it. After a couple phone calls they were gracious enough to refund the entire reservation, and I of course chose to returned in April on a refundable rate.

Bad: Had to wait til 3pm for a room (10 am arrival) - although there appears to be some sort of conference so I guess it's full house. Didn't seem much of an upgrade as front desk had claimed - room faced construction site.

- No A/C, didn't bother me that much though as I wasn't in the room except for 6 hours of sleep every night x 4.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

For about 100 euros a night all-in, it's not a bad deal in the winter/spring season. I would not stay here in the summer due to the no A/C. But otherwise it catered to my needs just fine, would return.