FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All things Mandarin Oriental...
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2016, 12:09 pm
scented

Originally Posted by moondog
I'm confused trying to reconcile with with your post #3 ("slated to open December of this year"). Is Bali on, or not?
Oh trust me, they would if they could... but it's not happening anytime soon. MO Bali would be some type of MO Bodrum resort, just a bit more vernacular. Add some thatched roofs and a lily pond slapped on. You get the idea.

Typically in the hospitality industry, they will have around 15 projects under consideration (30 if you ask PR) -- out of these, they might enter some kind of agreement on say 8. And out of those, construction will start on 3. Soft Opening is then, if everything goes well, 2 years after the initially set date (add another year for SE Asia).

Has anyone insight on MO's design strategy / history? They seem to have a liking for French designers -- Sybille de Margerie at MO Paris or Gilles & Boissier in Marrakech. I really like that Marrakech design and they have, wisely, decided to put them in charge of the Spa design as well... all hell breaks loose when hotels distrust their architects and outsource the spa design to ESPA and the likes...

Last edited by scented; May 8, 2016 at 12:19 pm