FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 7, 2016, 9:32 am
Retron

Holiday Inn - Bristol Filton

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a suite, which turned out to be the only suite they have - room 406.

How are the rooms?
The suite took the same space as two normal rooms. It had a bathroom, a second toilet room (with sink), a dressing area adjacent to the bathroom, a living area (with sofabed and 4-person dining table) and of course a bedroom. There wasn't a door separating the living area and bedroom, so it was more like a double-sized room than a traditional suite.

The view was over a small lake, which was rather nice!

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Checking in was very friendly, although that was possibly enhanced by the first words they said: "Welcome Mr Retron, are you here on holiday?" "No", I replied, "I'm stopping over on a trip to the Westcountry to file for my dad's death certificate".

They couldn't have been more helpful... I was given a bottle of water, two free drinks vouchers, a bag of cookies, 500 points and that was in addition to the things in the room itself. (The room had a further two bottles of water, a Mars Bar and a bag of what would be called trail mix in the States.)

I've never known so many freebies before.

I was given another free bottle of water when I checked out!

The room was clean and everything seemed in good condition.

The curtains were proper blackout curtains, good when it starts to get light at 4 AM.

The view was lovely, much better than I was expecting given the location.

Getting to the hotel was easy as it has its own slip road from the dual carriageway!

The hotel is very nice for a Holiday Inn, with multiple eateries and touches such as an indoor fish pool (with small fountain) on the way to the rooms.

Bad: Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I paid pretty much rack rate for the room, but as I needed a place to stay in at very short notice I wouldn't have expected anything else. If I was in need of a room in the area again I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Last edited by Retron; May 7, 2016 at 9:38 am