FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: North Island, Seychelles
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2016, 2:56 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by Larkin
Thank you for the great report! I have been to both resorts as well as the Four Seasons in the Seychelles.

We found the service in general to be lower than other places such as Asia. More similar to our experiences in the Carribean. However, we loved the beauty of the islands - especially north island, and on two of our trips we rented a private boat for a day and cruised around to see other islands which was great. We would go back and will at some point. We found the weather the best when we visited North Island which was in April.
Not a problem - thanks again for your thoughts that you initially gave that helped me in deciding to go to North Island.

Your feedback regarding service and beauty of the islands is 100% spot on. I would rank North Island as the most stunning place I've ever been, although I still have in my mind that the Amanpulo sand was softer and mostly pebble-less, whereas North became quite rough around the Piazza. Having spent plenty of time in luxury SE Asian resorts over the last 3 years, it didn't match-up to the highest standards of service, but I still think they can easily fix the problems.

It's interesting that due to the weather the beaches completely change at North Island depending on what time of year you visit, to the point that I've been told by several people that East Beach is basically non-existent later in the year.