FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old May 6, 2016, 8:58 pm
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Atlanta Buckhead

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Ehh...not really.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 King Deluxe (base room) and was first upgraded to a Club King. My welcome letter at the front desk said "Enjoy your upgrade to one of our Executive Suites as a Royal Ambassador". I questioned this and was upgraded to the Executive Suite after some grumbling by the front desk staff. Club access was included.

How are the rooms?
The suite was decent. When you walk in the room the living room is to the left down the hallway and the bedroom is to the right. It wasn't huge but it was comfortable and I enjoyed having living space separate from the bedroom. Nice hardwood floors.

How is the exec. lounge?
The food offerings weren't great but there was a good selection of beer, wine, and liquor. Plenty of different bottled beer options which I appreciated. I wouldn't count on the food to really hold you over for very long though. This lounge is typical for the brand...similar lounges that come to mind are IC Vienna and IC Prague. Not quite up to IC Boston standards and definitely nowhere close to IC Asiana Saigon.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Nope. Sent an email to hotel complaining about this...along with other things. I suggested that points could be a potential make-up gift and this idea was accepted by the hotel.

How was the minibar?
OK minibar. Premium liquor selections but cheap wine and champagne. Beer was stale and outdated by 6 months or so.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Club access. Rooms and common areas are nicely maintained. Plenty of dining options nearby.

-Bad
Parking is expensive...$28 for self parking and significantly more for valet. Inconsistent benefits. No in room movies.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
It was a good value at $140/night.

Would you return?
If I'm back in the area and it's relatively cheap. The hotel manager said they will work on providing ALL of the AMB/RA benefits consistently going forward. I encouraged them to read the membership T&Cs to be aware of exactly what members will be expecting.