FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: North Island, Seychelles
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2016, 6:16 pm
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Thank you for the great report! I have been to both resorts as well as the Four Seasons in the Seychelles. I would rank them without hesitation:

1. North Island - actually by a long shot for the accommodations, food, island, etc. really loved it ( although service not perfect but wasn't in other Seychelles resorts either)

2. Fregate Island - when we were there it was quite windy so hard to use the beach so that might have made a difference but in general we much preferred North Island in every aspect.

3. Four Seasons - much larger resort. We weren't crazy about the rooms. We weren't crazy about the food. Beautiful beach but crowded compared to others.

Now I will say my information is outdated in that it has been a number of years since our last trip to the Seychelles. We visited these resorts on 3 different trips, 2 of which followed African trips to other locations. We found the service in general to be lower than other places such as Asia. More similar to our experiences in the Carribean. However, we loved the beauty of the islands - especially north island, and on two of our trips we rented a private boat for a day and cruised around to see other islands which was great. We would go back and will at some point. We found the weather the best when we visited North Island which was in April.

Thanks again for bringing us up to date on these two resorts. The feedback is very helpful!