FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Sunmarina Resort, Okinawa, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 am
travelswithmyself

D. The Rooms

We were assigned newly-renovated Deluxe Rooms on a high floor. Since these rooms have just been done up, I presume these will be what will be available when it is re-badged as a Sheraton. My impression is that these are the equivalent of a Club Room.

Typical Japanese hotel room, compact but complete. Styling also pretty standard Japanese fare - if you've been in one you'll recognise the tea set and water boiler. A bit lacking in electrical outlets and some inability to control the lighting to the desired level (all or none). HVAC was a bit poor - luckily it was spring and opening the balcony door produced the desired temperature.

Ample PJs and slippers and complimentary water. TV channels very lacking in english channels - hopefully this will come up to Sheraton standards. However, if you've not been in Japan before, the commercials can be hilarious and understood without knowing Japanese ... try it!

I can't remember how the Wi-fi was - it must have been reasonable I guess. Then again I had a roaming data plan...