FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issues with Hyatt gift card
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2016, 8:12 pm
creativeguess1

Programs: Globallist
Well. Here's my opinion

Everyone on FT comes here to look for "the deal". I used to get GCs for Hyatt at 15 percent off. Always available. Then someone posted a "hey everybody. Go here. Save 15 percent". Greeeeeeeeat. Well. They dried up, and clearly, everyone on FT knows who that 3rd party seller is. Posting EVERY thought someone has on FT, I would say beware, you might have just given up your savings

Anyway. I dipped my feet into the water with another 3rd party seller last Tuesday. Gift card spread. What a joke. I was buying at 26 percent discount and my 2 percent on my cc. I bought 2 at 500$ on Thursday. Look at the brains on Brad!!!! (I thought). 28 percent discount. Club closed on weekend. Restaurant breakfast for 4. Great rate. Gawd. I'm DA MAN!!!! Working on diamond 2017. Chasing the promo..... I'm calculating about 56 points per dollar not including the breakfast! Add on top club opened on Friday night and due to big convention lounge open on Saturday (rare. Maybe 3 times a year here) still gave the 2500 points without asking!!!

Anyway. Bought cards on Tuesday. Checked balances on Wednesday. Good to go! Go to check out Saturday. Balances 0 on both. Then. I'm going to sound like a bigger idiot than was actually the case, but Saturday as I'm checking out I kinda pulled the "I'm DIAMOND. Do you know who I am????" (I really didn't". I basically told the guy. This isn't a Hyatt problem. Or you know, it's a ME problem

So as I left, called gift card spread. Talked to someone. Can I call you back in an hour? I said yes. You promise you'll call me back? Yes. Never got a call back. Got an email. "Due to issues with your GCs. We have refunded your order. No replacement. No apology. No "we value you as a client....."

My point being. If your buying off of eBay or a third party site. This is not a Hyatt problem. This is a you problem. You (me), us. Are sucked in by the huge savings. Make sure your credit card company is STRONG if needing help to resolve and know that if you've seen this forum on FT with Hyatt. Buyer Beware

"Greed. Is GOOD". -Gordon Gekko

Wish you luck on the third party sites. GC spread has 1000's currently listed. At 27 percent.

Even with this disaster last weekend. Bought a eCard off of eBay this week. Shows up via email. For say X. Well it's X plus 64.22. What's the odds I have a huge problem THIS weekend?

Last edited by creativeguess1; May 4, 2016 at 8:29 pm