FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:23 am
saaveraward

IC Wellington

booked

Level 2 one bedroom suite

upgrade:

Asked for something with a Harbour view and upgraded to a Harbour view room. Paid the rate difference to upgrade one more category to a Harbour view junior suite.

Good room if awkwardly shaped. Plenty of outlets and electronic controls.

PROS:

- Very posh lounge with amazing staff. Some of the best I've seen worldwide. Excellent hospitality. Table service for drinks. Breakfast spread is exceptional. Evening spread is much more pared and low key however there is a chef from the downstairs restaurant who creates a daily canape plate made to order. The night I was there it was salmon with potato, beef crostini with carmelized onions, tomato with cheese and a shot of pumpkin soup.
- BMW transportation to/from the airport for $45 which is only slightly more than a taxi and it's a top-notch service in the hotel car (they also have a bentley.
- Every member of staff is courteous, knowledgable, warm and professional.
- Great location for business or holiday.

CONS:

- The absolute WORST curtain design I've seen worldwide. I could read the newspaper in bed with the curtains closed and the lights off at daybreak.
- Some sort of constant clicking/popping noise at the window when the sun goes up. Perhaps the windows weren't sealed properly or when the light hits it at a certain point in the day it starts.
- I've never seen this before. If you're watching TV, you can not input the channel number, only go +/-. So if you're on channel 2 and want to get to channel 98, get ready to wear out your thumb pressing +.
- Neighborhood goes to sleep early, so if you're looking for a late night bite, you're stuck with room service.

VALUE

Great property even if you do need eyeshades to sleep past daybreak. Contact the hotel in advance about upgrades and well worth it to pay the difference to a higher category past the standard one-ctaegory upgrade. Can't stress enough how much the staff made the stay enjoyable.

Score: 9/10