FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Increased Economy baggage allowance to Asia... can someone decipher/explain this?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:38 pm
Xiaotung

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm still amazed how many people out there don't understand the concept of Seats2Suit. I love it because I can just travel bag only to AU and save money, but the number of comments I've seen from pax saying that they'll fly QF next time because they "don't have to pay extra for a meal" shows that people don't understand that you're not paying extra for a meal, but you're saving money by not having a meal. Works on NZ matches pricewise fairly closely with the QF fares and a seat and seat+bag fare are both priced below QF fares.
What you are saying is true if you plan way ahead and take advantage of the lowest sale fares. But if you are less savvy or need to book a flight that suits your schedule, you will often find otherwise.

I just did a dummy booking for flights to Sydney next Friday. The cheapest all inclusive fare on QF is $254. The cheapest Seat Only on NZ is $286. I can find many many examples like this. I guess you just can't blame those who make comments like that and they have a real reason for it.

My point is that if NZ releasing limited low fares is to create a delusion that S2S gives people choices and you are always benefited. Are all travellers really paying less to fly Seat Only on NZ? Of course I don't have the stats to support one way or the other and this is open for discussion but I suspect I may very well be correct.