FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:31 am
FCTraveller

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
Originally Posted by FCTraveller
If anyone is interested, F award availability MUC-YUL available on LifeMiles and is wide open from now until early next year, almost every day. I have just booked 4 dates. Strangely, I cannot see this availability on Aeroplan and it doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer searches. MUC-YYZ continues to show availability on most days 14 days out. I have flown the Montreal route twice and I was the only passenger in F both times.
The trick is to select Lufthansa in the drop down list, otherwise, the flights will not show up. It will show connections in business from or to cities where LH flies (ie LHR-YUL). However, it won't show connections to and from YUL or YYZ on Air Canada or United. The call center cannot help either, they can only book what they see and they see the same as we see online. However, if you can ascertain that there is availability by segment (ie. LHR-MUC-YUL and YUL-usa), take two screen dumps and email all the details of your intended booking to the LifeMiles support desk stating your name, LifeMiles number, flight details, date of birth and attach your screen dumps. Leave a phone number where they can call you back or ask them for a booking reference and tell them you will call in to pay for the booking. They should then be able to book it for you. I flew the route last week and was even able to get a routing LHR-FRA-MUC-YUL with a quick transfer in MUC and 3 hours in Frankfurt to enjoy the First Class Terminal. I was the only passenger in the F cabin. So if you were looking to fly LH F but wanted to plan in advance, this may be a solution for you. The ride from the First Class Terminal to the plane in a Porsche Cayenne is awesome. Good Luck.