FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:05 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by s20mark
I get that some people think their dogs are kids...but I don't.
There is a policy that addresses pets in the cabin. On this flight, no one including GA or FA cared. I had to sit next to this thing for 4 hours. At one point when trying to sleep, I was awoken by this little rat licking my arm.
Comfort dog my a$$!
I like dogs. I don't particularly like cats, but that's because I'm allergic and I don't begrudge the many people in the world who are cat lovers.

But there *is* a rule about keeping cabin pets in their carriers, no?

SFO-ATL the other day and the guy in front of me had his precious cute little kitten crawling all over him and his seatmates for the entire flight. First pass through the cabin during boarding and FA says the cat must stay in the carrier. Guy gets up and takes the carrier out of the overhead, grumbles, and stuffs the cat in.

For about 10 seconds before pulling it back out to frolic.

At least 5 separate times on the flight the FA told him to put the cat away, but back out it came every single time because "he gets nervous but he's well trained - we do this four or five times a year."

And let's not even start on his use of a training pad mid-flight to let the cat relieve itself, and the resulting odor that wafted through the cabin...

I really can't fault the FAs in this case - they couldn't do much more than just repeat their instructions. This guy thought he and his cat were holier than any rule or other passenger, apparently.