FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RFID Wallet or Sleeves?? Do I really need one?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:05 pm
Calliopeflyer

Originally Posted by Ttrevi88
I was looking at getting an RFID blocking sleeve or wallet, and all these products on amazon with hundreds or thousands of reviews, most accumulated from free products in exchange for a review - and each with only a handful of reviewers that were actually able to test the RFID - and of those it seems like half say it work, and half say it doesn't.

Even if it's encrypted, I don't want someone with a skimmer in a foreign country being able to pull anything from me.

Has anyone seen an officially tested list of options? I don't trust any of the products listed as bestsellers on Amazon.
Not officially anything, but I have tested my RFID blocking sleeves, and I know they work. Frankly, aluminum foil would work too, so you don't need to buy any complicated or secret technology. Testing was easy - I tried to make a contactless transaction with it in the sleeve, and it didn't work.

I think I bought mine off of ebay - 10 sleeves for about $5 (with free shipping). With repeated use of moving the card in and out, I find the edges start to fray after about a year.....but since they're only 50 cents each, I throw it out and get a new one from my pile.