FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worse room because it's priceline?
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2003, 12:00 pm
ql2112

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WillTravel:
And of course even guests who pay full rates sometimes get such rooms.
</font>
Good point. I haven't noticed any difference in treatment between my PL stays and non-PL stays. Just take a look at the hotel fora here and you'll see that being treated badly, or being stuck in a bad room, can happen to anybody -even elites- and whether on a PL stay or not or not.

Also Analise's point
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">In addition, the hotels want to encourage PL customers to spend money on their properties (room service, restaurant, bar). They'll do that better by treating them well like everybody else.</font>
applies to me: the way I get treated by a hotel highly influences whether I'm going to spend any money there during my stay on items like bar, breakfast, etc.

Recently I had a very pleasant PL stay at an Intercontinental hotel. Staff was great, room was great (my request for a nice view was honored without any problems) and service in general was great. During my two nights stay I spent approx $300 in that hotel (other than the nightly PL rate). They wouldn't have seen much of that money had they treated my badly.

[This message has been edited by ql2112, because my English is slipping.]

[This message has been edited by ql2112 (edited 07-31-2003).]