FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norway in a Nutshell - Questions
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:06 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ksu
If you do the LHR-OSL-BGO trip, you probably will have to pick up your luggage and recheck it at OSL in any case (LHR is AFAIK not one of the origins that allow direct transit of INT-DOM luggage yet).

If Park Inn doesn't want to hold your luggage (or you don't want to make the 5 min walk each way), OSL has a manned left luggage office at the arrivals floor. Turn left after exiting arrivals, it is at the end closest to Park Inn (i.e. the opposite end from the train station). The cost for a suitcase is NOK 101 for 24 hours, or NOK 326 for a week.
Thank you this is really helpful! Maybe I'll put an overnight bag together and spend 2 nights in BGO and then just pick up the bags from the luggage office on July 8th

Originally Posted by TRRed
Random thoughts and comments as a prior visitor to both:
Weather being equal, personally I would spend more time in Bergen than Oslo, but I like the nautical atmosphere, etc.
This is the porter service I used last year with no issues when I did NIAN: http://www.porterservice.no/Individuals.html
That time of years, the days will be really long, so take that into consideration.
Given the fast airport express train in Olso from the station to the airport, I am not sure you save much time by staying at the Park Inn at the airport as opposed to the Scandic or others by the station (depending on starting point, walk to the Park Inn is probably around .5km).
Thank you - I'll take a look at that porter service as well and for your insight on the station.

There seem to be a few AirBnB's right near the Oslo City Center Station as well and I have a $100 AirBnB gift card from the $50 off $100 AirBnB Amex promo last winter. Perhaps I'll just use that and grab the train up on July 9th instead of staying at the Park Inn.