FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conference in Chicago - Which hotel would you choose?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:32 pm
swiftaw

Programs: Continental OnePass
Conference in Chicago - Which hotel would you choose?

I am going to a conference in August at the McCormick Place in Chicago. The conference organizers have given us 4 hotels to choose from:

Hilton Chicago Hotel
Palmer House
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Sheraton Grand Chicago

Obviously, the Hyatt is the only one right by McCormick Place, but it seems that there isn't much in that area, so in the evenings I would have to travel a little to find food (unless I ate in the hotel).

My other option is to choose one of the other hotels, which seem to be in livelier areas, and 'commute' to the conference each day by bus on L (I guess the Hilton is only about 2 miles so I could walk - but it'll be hot in August).

So, for those of you who are more familiar with Chicago that I (I've been a couple of times) which one of the 4 hotels would you choose?

Also, what is the walk like from McCormick Place L stop to McCormick Place/Hyatt, is it something you want to avoid doing at night or is it reasonable safe? (If I choose to stay at the Hyatt and head out for dinner, I'll be heading back to McCormick Place late)