FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:22 pm
seat1C

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by rjn21
For the first time in 22 domestic and European sectors that I have undertaken since the announced changes, boarding was done correctly (as I understand what the process is supposed to be) at LHR on a domestic.

First call was Domestic UK, Gold, OWE - please come forward to priority lane, everyone else remain seated. Queue was regularly policed, and non compliant passengers were declined at the boarding scan.

Next call, after all the above passengers were processed, was Silver, OWS and any remaining Domestic UK, Gold, OWE - please come forward, everyone else remain seated. Queue was regularly policed, and non compliant passengers were declined.

Third call, once all the above passengers were processed, was general boarding, OWR use the priority lane. Priority queue was policed, and non compliant passengers were declined and sent to general.

Prompt boarding and seating, bin space seemed fine, Good job. Compared with the mass charge of people usually, this was efficient, stress free, simple and quick.
I have experienced the "proper" way to do it just once, but it worked really well. And it didn't seem to cause any great headaches or delays - all it needed was a senior member of staff who could be bothered. I did feel slightly sorry for all the bronzes and silvers who had pushed in front of the Ryanair-style queue who were made to stand aside for the others to board though (but not too much!)