FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:16 am
jackhorner

Angry It's still happening. Flight cancelled 4 hours notice.

First experience (and last). Phone call at 2pm saying flight from Luton cancelled and I can be rebooked on United from Heathrow at 4pm or 6pm

I chose 4 as I can just make it for 3pm.

I have 3 more phone calls with them asking the same question. I say the same thing. They say they will send a mail. It's 2 hours and I've still had no email.

I got to Heathrow just in time to check in and the VERY helpful United staff advised I wasn't listed. I called La Compagnie and after nearly TEN MINUTES on hold I get a customer service person who really doesn't know how travel works. She keeps telling me if I was told I am on the 4pm flight then I will be... however I'm telling her clearly it has now CLOSED and I wasn't ever listed on it.

On one call I asked if I got lounge access if I had to wait at the airport for some hours and they said 'yes of course'. The last call I was told 'there's nothing I can do'

I've spent 40 minutes on the phone and have got nowhere. I've repeatedly asked for my United booking reference and I'm told all they have is a La Compagnie one.

This is a joke - despite TONS of criticism and this situation clearly not being the first time - they have no well designed process for sorting travellers out.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is rings true.

Hilariously on twitter their campaign is #flythedifference - damn right - different time, different airline and different class of travel than the one i paid for. They have effortlessly and predictably perhaps delivered on this clever marketing babble.