FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:03 pm
islandcub1

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon (2 stays)

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior room, upgraded to Executive room

- How are the rooms? The first stay I had a room at the end of the hotel, so the window wraps a little around the corner and I had a view of Nathan Road as well as the old buildings across Saigon Street. (I have never ever had a room facing Mau Lam Street, or even in the other wing of the hotel, for that matter.)

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: First stay: I arrived quite frazzled because of problems at the airport with my phone and my bank, and with a cold I caught on the flight to Hong Kong When I checked in at the lounge the attendant (I think it was Yoko Leung, a Guest Services Manager) immediately noticed this and fetched me a bottle of water.

And one of these days I'm going to use the fitness centre.

Bad: Minor things with the lounge...

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, and it was as I expected, except that they've done away with the napkins. Also, more Cantonese food during breakfast would have been nice; I wound up mostly eating breakfast in the restaurant, even when it wasn't included in my rate (during my second stay).

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I got a welcome drink voucher on one of the stays but never used it. Both stays a large bottle of Italian carbonated water, some chocolate truffles, and a basket of fresh fruit were waiting for me in my room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? This was my 4th and 5th stay at this hotel. While it's more touristy than the Novotel on Hong Kong Island, I like the breakfast buffet and the lounge more, and I tend to spend more time in Kowloon than Hong Kong Island anyway.

Last edited by islandcub1; Apr 21, 2016 at 6:21 pm