FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VA ticket stock operated by EY - milage credit
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:10 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
In 2014, I booked a ticket through a third party that was issued on VA stock and had all VA-coded flights actually on Etihad metal (there were actually no VA operated flights on the ticket; the last sector was on Air Berlin metal with an AB flightcode, and I instead had those miles sent to my BA [oneworld] FFP).

My ticket, for instance, had me on VA7042 (DUB-AUH) and VA7093 (SYD-AUH). [There was a VA7092 AUH-SYD on EY but I upgraded that to J with cash].

In my Etihad guest account, this is how these flights posted:

VA7042 actually posted as "DUB - AUH EY0042 /Y"
VA7093 actually posted as "SYD - AUH EY0455 /Y"
as if they had been booked directly as EY flights.

This was back in 2014; so I don't know if this happens anymore (it's not the only time I have seen a flight on EY metal that had been booked under a codeshare turning up in my EY guest as if it had been an EY flight all along).

However, even if they do post in your account as EY - rather than VA - I would not automatically assume that VA "Q" will map directly to EY "Q".

Please report back after your trip on your experiences as regards how the flights/miles post.

And enjoy your trip!