FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:06 pm
philthegreek

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Completely random this week at various airports.

LHR T5 - queue of 30+ already formed for priority boarding and all variants (CE, Gold, Silver, Bronze etc.) called at once, with people cutting into the queue at all points. As a G(GL) travelling in CE, I was probably 40th-ish to board. No issue with overhead space in the end but a poor overall experience.

AMS - Line formed 15 minutes pre-boarding. CE and Gold called, with some initial checking of the line by staff but then a free for all again. No policing from about T-5 on the lines.

HKG - 3 separate lines, First & Gold; CW WT+ Silver & Bronze; WT. All formed well into these lines, but then boarding of all lines started together, so a scrum on the airbridges.

None of these airports seemed to actually follow the process as defined by BA, so they wonder why queues have again started to form 10 minutes before boarding - it's because on the day, nobody knows which set of rules will be used.
Fully agree with the HKG experience. It has happened that way on the three flights I have had this year from HKG, even when in F I have been boarded after the CW and WT lines. Then of course the inevitable scrum just before the air bridge when no-one is heading for the right section. Last time people for the upper seats were heading for the lower deck and being turned around at the door. No-one to direct them and far too much trouble to be able to follow a sign.