FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Mileage Plan and VX Elevate Speculation Thread [Consolidated]
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:47 pm
Bretmd

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by CDKing
What makes you say AS doesn't like *A? I don't think the lack of *A partners is any real indicator. You can only have so many partners who are in direct competition of one another. Also seems as is more interested in adding independents recently as example adding FI again and the newest Asian partner HU. But yea adding/keeping SQ could be a long shot as SQ doesn't have much to gain from it.
Well... SQ partners with VX, whose biggest competitor is star alliance partner United. I'm not sure they would mind partnering with AS; although I'm not exactly sure how the VX partnership currently benefits SQ?

AS seems okay with partnering with airlines that compete with one another (AA/DL, BA/AF) so I'm not sure why an SQ partnership wouldn't work. It seems possible this partnership may continue. We will have to wait and see.