FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issues with Hyatt gift card
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:53 pm
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SportsTech
We'll find out soon whether your assumption is accurate.

Late last week I bought 5 cards from Cardcash, including (2) cards with face values of $250. Printed them out at the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf on Saturday night (actually, had the Hyatt front desk print them for me, and they then deleted the email). Tried to use one of the $250 cards on Sunday morning and was told it only had a balance of $14. The other $250 card was fine, as was the $200 card I used with it. Cardcash CS has been contacted via email, with no resolution yet.

Here's an interesting coincidence: the missing $236 is exactly equal to the total Cardcash "discount" on the total 5 card transaction. This apparent drainage could simply be a screwup on the interface between Cardcash and Hyatt - not that Hyatt's IT would ever make a mistake like this.

Will let you all know how it sorts out...
ST
I speak from experience when dealing directly with CardCash. I have had no problems (yet) getting them to refund me for the drained card. They have a 45 day refund policy. I suggest calling them directly so that they can put in a ticket.