FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:08 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by hoyt
I don't understand the responses where folks are saying they're upset, irritated, irked, this is the tipping point to never staying at an SPG property, SPG marketing is terrible, etc. It's a targeted promo, you weren't targeted, big deal. There are some other great promos this year. The May 3rd one is pretty rewarding. The take-two, now four promo is pretty good too. I've been an ambassador at SPG for 3 years. I often don't qualify for these things. However, I still get treated better by SPG than I ever did at Marriott as a Plat Premier. If you want a promo to make you feel special, then go to Kmart and wait for a blue-light-special.

SPG marketing isn't stupid. They've figured out an algorithm that nets them the most. If you don't fit that, too bad, you'll qualify for something else.
Or nothing else. Last year, whilst some people qualified for multiple SMEs, those that didn't (along with most/all who did) ended up with M1E ("Me Too"), which netted a paltry 1000 points. But what do I know. I "won" the "Delight Your Delay" promo and received an empty box. A Lurker put me in touch with the person in charge, and we're nearing three months since she claimed to have sent it (a $5 toiletry kit). I suppose the good news is that toiletries are still free at Starwood hotels. Hope that doesn't become a victim like water bottles will be in the Marriott merger.