FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:50 pm
david55

Originally Posted by dngrmys
Just booked our stay for June and have a couple of questions:

1. We are using a DSU for Ocean Front Hot Tub Room. Is it worth staying at these rooms over the newer-renovated rooms on the other tower? The Plunge rooms sound amazing, so I may ask about upgrade cost.

Ask about an upgrade before arrival. Plunge pool suites are amazing.

This is just my opinion....but I don't think the hot tub rooms are worth the space you have to give up on your balcony. It cuts it nearly in half. And frankly...they are kind of dated and a bit seedy....I never went in mine. The problem with the renovated North tower is that not all the rooms have balconies....some only " french" balconies. So asking for a room in the renovated tower could be a crap-shoot unless you specify a balcony room.

2. For those that have stayed at both, how does this compare to Ziva Los Cabos? Our brief review of Los Cabos would be: Grounds - excellent, Room - good, Food - Average, Service - Excellent.

3. What's the best transportation to and from the airport for a family of 4 (2 small children)?
An airporter cab from the airport is the easiest. You buy your ticket once you collect baggage and exit customs. If you want a reserved car...google the service...there are several companies that meet and greet and take you to the hotel but be prepared to pay twice as much as the taxi.

The food here is the weakest part....when we were there last November the food was pretty bad....and I probably won't go back because of that. It is a common complaint, so it may have gotten better since our visit.