FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odense - train schedules to and from CPH ?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:54 am
AAEXP

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SylviaCaras:
AAEXP, thanks for the expertise. May I buy a train ticket in advance? On the train? Use a credit card? ... ?

And if you have a suggestion for an indoor activity in Odense? (I've allowed one extra advance day to allow for weather and flight cancellations. This trip is to plan a conference there in July and in July I've allowed time for Odense and Copenhagen sightseeing, with a list developed with the help of FlyerTalkers.)

I like Scandinavian design very much, would enjoy a museum or upscale household or clothes shopping, ...

Sylvia
</font>
The question on tickets has beed answered by WillTravel. Just before you go down to the train platform at the Kastrup Terminal there is a big ticket office where you can buy your ticket. I agree that reservations should not be necessary in advance at this time of the year.

In Odense the Hans Christian Andersen House is a must. For art and design try Brandt's Klaedefabrik.

Apart from that you have much more to see in Copenhagen in the arts and design field. I would not spend all that much time in Odense this time of the year. Funen is beautiful in late spring and summer, but not in January/February.