FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:35 pm
jedicat666

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Holiday Inn Glenmarie KL

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Amb

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Good enough

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Executive Club. Received no upgrade during check-in.

Upon requesting for upgrade, was given the excuse " @:-)Sorry All suites full". NOPE - showed availability on the app and was given a suite. I hate to do this, but i won't allow hotels to lie to me.

Why front desk would do this when it is clearly low season with no souls on their big lobby is a mystery. Apparently I was still reflected on the system as gold from my previous stay almost 2 years ago, guess we all know who to thank for that ^

How are the rooms?
The suite was great for a Holiday inn property, the surroundings were scenic and peaceful, so was the view from the room. Living area was spacious, bedroom was comfortable and bathroom was better than expected.

How is the exec. lounge?
Simple lounge located just below our room, so great accessibility. Food was not that great with the exception of the BBQ Chicken Wings that everyone went for.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Location near SZB airport
Decent Breakfast
Good Rooms

Bad:
Executive Lounge so-so
Front Desk service

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Definitely if I need to use the SZB airport. Otherwise no.This was part of a mattress run. Would love to thank IHG for reminding me why I'm pushing stays to Hilton properties now