FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:05 pm
TOMFORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The 30k offer in May was in some BofA training info or something like that, so it's more official than an unsourced rumor. But it's not as official as a public announcement.

And it said "May", not a specific date in May. (For training purposes or whatever, a specific date was not needed!)

We have not heard anything so far other than that info (which included that for the first time minimum spend will be necessary to get the bonus) a couple months ago. We don't know, for example, whether the $100 statement credit (on some versions of the offer) will totally disappear at that time or not. We don't know whether they'll insert anti-churning language (a la Citi and Amex) in the new offers or not. We don't know if they'll switch over to the new offer "instantly", or have overlap, or have a "dead period" where all old offers disappear before new offers appear.

So if you're worried about any of those things, and it's been 3 months or more since you last applied, you might want to get another application in for the 25k with $100 statement credit now, and not have to be the first guinea pig of the new offer.
I was going to wait for May's 30K offer to come around before applying but after reading these, I think I might as well apply now. 5K miles isn't going to make much of a difference. If BoA does up the offer to 30K and does not change anything for the negative, I could always ask for a sign on bonus match. Worse is they'll say no.