FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:32 pm
DonPedro

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Intercontinental Montreal

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a King Club, was upgraded to a Suite Illustre (updated in reservation a few days prior to arrival)

How are the rooms?

Suite was great. Mine was on the top (26th) floor. Great city and river views. Two completely separate rooms, great furnishings. If I was grappling for criticisms, the lounge room was fairly gloomy and dark despite several floor to ceiling windows - although this was a wintry Quebec weekend, and whilst there were plenty of lamps and lights dotted around, it took about 15 mins to figure out how to turn each one on.

How is the exec. lounge?

Lovely. Breakfast a highlight - continental plus eggs, sausages, lots of fresh fruit and berries. Proper coffee/espresso machine (for those who struggle to fine decent coffee in North America). Evenings also nice, wine and spirits doled out by gregarious host. Decent nibble options and one hot (pasta) dish.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Location - easy for modern and Old Montreal. Close to metro and 747 airport bus.
Hotel itself - modern but classy.
Staff - mostly very friendly and helpful. Tolerant of my mangled French.
Welcome amenity - big bowl of fruit. Big bottle of mineral water (daily). Three little cute cupcakes.

Bad:
If this is important to you - no acknowledgement of status on check in.
One of the two TVs in the room had no signal.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

It took me a while to get availability, assume the hotel was rather busy, so I may have paid over the odds (approx CA$300 a night inc tax) but I felt I got value - especially for a suite. Will certainly return next visit to Montreal.