FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:03 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by little_dc
Ok quick review of my Makai room. This is my 3rd time at this hotel in the past 120 days, first time in Makai. They market Makai as an upgraded room and experience. There is a video on the hotels webpage showing all you "get" with a Makai room. I would have to say the video is far from the truth.

The arrival - Went to the Makai desk, there was a guy sitting there, he looked up and said "Are you staying Makai?" I said yes. "Give me 10 min I have to make a call or just use the front desk". Went to the front desk and was treated like anyone else, the video online shows hot towels and someone walking you to your room. Ha not even close!

The room - We had 2 ocean front rooms 3328 and 3329 connecting rooms, one with a king bed the other 2 queens. The king room has a glass shower and the 2 queens had a tub with curtain. The queen room had a wonderful mildew smell from the curtain. Both rooms were not as clean as you would think at a Hilton. Mostly not from a room this hotel markets as upscale!

Makai rooms list upgraded bed sheets. Both rooms had 1 pillow case that was like the bedding show in the video. The rest of the sheets were standard hilton sheets.

Both rooms had miss match of bath towels and they were very warn. One would think Makai would have nice towels that match.

The bathroom had a sliding glass door that was dusty and nasty.

Also nasty shower heads in both rooms

Here are some other photos from around the rooms

Now for the special area for Maiki guest around the pool. Here is a side by side what the video shows and what you get

When asking a pool side server about that Makai area that on the video has cushions, towels and special service, they told us, "we do not do that anymore, you can pay to rent one"

I also noticed a lack of care by the staff. Some dirty pool towels were left outside the elevators. They were there for over 24 hours. I watched over 10 Hilton staff just walk on by them.

The Food - We did carry out pizza and salad from the Hotel pizza place. The pizza was $24 and was like school cafeteria food. The salad was $9 and here is what you get.

I was shocked how bad this stay was. My past 2 stays were in the Ocean tower and were not that bad. This was the upgraded tower. The service was bad and the room was not clean in my eyes.

As of April 1st the long time GM left this hotel to become the new GM of the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu. The hotel is without a GM, I guess that could be a reason why things are not great on this stay. But many of the cleaning issues with our rooms were long term issues.

I will have a hard time going back to this hotel and will never do Makai.
None of your pictures came through. If click on one of the placeholders and tell it to download the picture get a google login.