FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:35 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
London Park Lane

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
So-so

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked classic, after asking reservations about the RA upgrade policy. It seems that if you book, classic, or London Classic, or Deluxe, etc., your only upgrade is to Executive. It's been a few years since I was last here so I have no juice here. Or maybe it's the new owners? I was able to check in right at 8am and got an Exec with double beds. They said that was all they had and seemed awfully relieved that I accepted it.

How are the rooms?
Very small. It didn't seem like an Exec to me.

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't know. Not mentioned at all at check in but I wasn't going to pay for it anyways.

How was the mini-bar?
Not as good as it used to be. Just the one bottle of Taittinger split. Not the same quality of alcohol as there used to be. Or maybe the mini-bars in the suites are better?

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Guest relations came out at check in to apologize for my noisy neighbors who woke me up at 3:30am. With my jet lag I never got back to sleep.

Bad
Upgrade
Mini-bar
Noisy neighbors

Value for £ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Will try again next month. Guest relations manager said he would make it a better stay next time