FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Aa: Lax/sfo-akl $212 rt
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:19 pm
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
For those who got in on the deal, how did you find out? I check FT and other websites multiple times a day, including before going to sleep. However, the deal happened during my sleep. I briefly woke up at 2:30 but didn't think to look. So, how were you notified? Thanks!
I flew back to California from Stockholm yesterday. I find that I wake up at 2am for several days after returning from Europe. Saw this deal on BoardingArea.com post from One Mile at a Time.

Then I did my fare deal research.

First I checked to see if this fare was available through Google Flights or airlines' websites. Did not find it.

Then I researched the deal to check for other destination cities in New Zealand besides AKL since I wanted South Island. Did not find deals to other NZ airports.

Then checked for AA marketed flights. Found one for outbound, but not dates I wanted.

Checked for departure cities besides LAX and SFO. Did not locate any.

Checked for possibility of stopover in Australia for same price. Price increased by $500.

Booked my ticket SFO-SYD-AKL ticket on CheapoAir for $225 plus $13 trip insurance protection.

Wrote up the deal and published it on Loyalty traveler with all the details I had learned when there was still more than one hour before the deal started disappearing.

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....445.1412004311