FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:50 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by bertheike
I already stayed there aprox 20 times, and them only have 2 room types.
King bed and 2 double beds. ( not speak about suites )
Why them differ between URBAN and CHIC ( no idea ), I always book the ALOFT room and always be in the same rooms.

However them already doing this since January.
From May onward ( low season ) them open it.
Nobody can tell me, that every weekend FRI/SAT, the standard rooms are sold out ! Them simply close CHIC and sell as URBAN, so that them not have to give the reduced award booking.

And there is also absolutely no difference between this URBAN and CHIC, even not the view or floor
i found a difference:
whichever one is higher gives you a free disposable toothbrush

they're great to take home and have for "friends" that stay over

oh
and the rooms don't face that condo, they face north and towards the airport link

i always got "upgraded" to those rooms as a gold.

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
They are not sold out, they have a minimum stay requirement of 2 or 3 nights sometimes 4 depending when you look. As this minimum stay requirement is applied to paid stays it also applies to redemption bookings. Quite normal for SPG and many other programs as well.
but this is indeed new. weekends are 3k, and i'd often use a single one of those 3k nights to stay-hop in order to get plat. i think they're catching on. plus they seem to be swamped, checking in as a gold at 6-7pm i had to wait for rooms on 2 occasions.