FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:28 pm
canesfan

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso

Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Stayed in early March and booked 6 nights on points and Chase free nights (wife and I). Hotel was sold out last 4 nights and we received room # 200. I consider this room and 201 to be the best Emerald rooms since they have a view of the horizon. Whereas 202-205 face beach area, as well as all the other Emeralds.

Also, since I'm Ambassador, received very nice beach bag with IC Thalasso marked on it, retails at shop for about $35

How are the rooms?
Obviously all the rooms are the same, but very spacious and patio with loung chairs are fantastic

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
  • Received day room when we checked in at 10:00am, then room was ready at about 11:00am
  • Received 50% off breakfast discount, but did have to ask for it
  • Breakfast was fantastic, including pancakes and french toast which is usually hit or miss, great selection of items and easily were able to have big breakfast then skip lunch
  • Free boat shuttle to Le Moana before 2pm
  • Resort has free rentals for kayaks, paddleboards, and snorkel gear for onsite snorkeling
  • IC Le Moana is a great location if you want to rent bicycles or scooters (nearly shop) and go to Bloody Mary's or into town. Also nearby restaurants so lower prices, if we go back to Bora Bora we'll do a few nights here due to convenience of these items

Bad:
  • The Polynesian dinner buffet on Monday night was awful, there really wasn't anything worth getting seconds for, so we didn't do another buffet rest of stay
  • At the beach side restaurant, pizza is not on the dinner menu, but can be ordered, kind of sneaky as we saw someone else order it after finishing our dinner 1st time at that restaurant

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Obviously would, however being near impossible to get rooms on points now, could be a long time before we return