FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:33 am
Passion4Points

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Total Rewards Diamond, & others
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Wish I could've seen this flash sale. We really want to go to Maui but this would have been worth it.
I would choose to spend my points at the Hilton Waikoloa Village if it were me. We did stay at the Grand Wailea, the only property that you could use your Hilton points on in Maui, and although the rooms and beach were nice, we really didn't like staying there. It had a very stuffy feeling-- not relaxed at all. Everything is overpriced. All the staff we came in contact with were really very aloof acting. The pools were jam packed like a can of sardines. The pool area was not monitored or picked up like one would expect for such a hotel. I also didn't like having to wait in very long lines for the valet, because self parking wasn't an option. Now I am typically not one to judge, but the vibes of eliteness given off was so obvious one could not simply ignore it. Unless you're into that kind of thing, you may have a similar feeling about this property. I know many people think it is all that -- which is what we thought also before we stayed there. I won't stay there again. And as far as points redemptions go, it is outrageous from what I can see right now. You could use your two free night certificates from the Citi Hilton Reserve Visa card, or your annual certificate with 10,000 spend to get a feel for it. I just would not spend that many points on it if it were me. There are great redemption values at Hilton Waikoloa, especially if you are Diamond and stay a certain number of nights.