FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Partner Availability?
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:19 pm
Madone59

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Ok, this is pretty simple: I'm Gold on VX and we're getting dragged into this program. Yaaay...

FWIW I did not start earning points/status on VX for "internal" redemption...the angle was always redemption on VS/VA/[HA?]. Without regard for the moment on how the points will convert precisely, does anyone have a feel for premium cabin availability on those and/or other airlines tends to be? I borderline could-not-care about domestic availability since that never was the point of racking up the points.

(And obviously I'm not too concerned with, for example, space availability on Ethiopian...though others might be of interest.)
GrayAnderson I get your post but do not understand the tone especially because we are all in the your shoes too. Just this morning I started researching VX because I had the same thought you did "OK, a new FFP to learn - how do I get the most out of it?" Also, no it is not obvious that you are not interested in availability on Ethiopian because they are not a partner of this program you are "getting dragged into." As was noted up thread there are pages for each of AS's major partners, EK and CX pages are especially active as they are the most sought after.

I haven't been flying AS long enough to welcome you to the family with much authority but on behalf of frequent flyer mega-merger refugees.....welcome to Mileage Plan ^